Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Walmart Online


Since I didn't know any better. Or maybe just because I am stubborn I set up a Wal Mart On line account last week and ordered some cheap shorts to work in. I went through the set up process and ordered the shorts. I received a confirmation email and have been tracking them for five days know. According to the shipping info they are currently in Puerto Rico and it appears this is actually going to work. After I did it I was told by several people that it couldn't be done so this must be something new from Wal Mart. The shipping is done via a system called Smart Post from Fed Ex. Apparently Fed Ex handles the package all the way to your local Post Office. It appears in the case of the VI's it is to the hub in Puerto Rico. So five days to PR, we will see how long the remaining leg takes. If it works out well then it may make some of the little things easier to get. I will say the one trick when setting up the account was that you had to pay with a credit card that had a "confirmed billing" address that is the same as your shipping address. I had changed the address for one of our credit cards prior to leaving the states so I flew through this process.
Jay

1 comment:

wannabeanislander said...

Sure hope this works. Would make life easier!!

Weather