Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Employment In De Islands


Well we both started yesterday as you know. Both went well. Deb got a warm welcome at her new job. She is still suffering from a nagging head cold. Most of her first day was taken up with paperwork, orientation, and setting up her work station. There will be a ton of training for her to do as she gets up to speed on the schools systems. As for me I jumped right in and put in a full day. We took a boat to dry dock for bottom paint, moved another boat around and did some periodic maintenance on another boat to get it ready to go out on charter. I have to say working in a marina in the Caribbean definitely has it's perks.
By the way the picture is at Honeymoon Beach on Water Island at Heidi's Honeymoon Grill. Taken the last day of fun before starting work.
Jay

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rough duty! Let us know the first day you dread going to work. Then I can stop saying "You suck" every time I read your blog :)!!!!!

I looked at the computer science professor postings. There all on St. Croix. It sucks to be a geek.

By the way, I'm following your blog via RSS. It works great!

Cheers, RickG

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. Chartered from CYOA back in Oct and had a great time. Wondered what it would be like to live and work in St. Thomas. I guess I will just have to live it through your blog for now. Thanks for the great blog. Rob Frimmel

heinz said...

I found your blog yesterday and read every entry! I would love to be doing what you are undertaking and wish you the very best.
Kermit

deb g said...

I love your blog! I am moving back to the island this summer if everything goes as planned. Its a great place with wonderful people.Enjoy!

Weather