Thursday, July 17, 2008

Charlotte Amalie


Here's a pic of downtown Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. Pretty impressive. Bluebeards Castle is in the foreground (lower left hand corner). It looks deceptive because it appears to be a part of downtown, but it's actually on top of a pretty good hill overlooking downtown and the harbor. The airport and the University are at the top of the pic and Waterfront is dead center. You'll laugh when I tell you how I got the picture. It's actually a picture on my US Virgin Islands calendar. We don't have a color scanner so I just took a picture of it with my iPhone. It turned out pretty good.


Update on the Griswalds. Today is their last full day. We had a low-key villa day yesterday which I think everyone needed. Not sure what they are doing today while Jay and I are at work, but this evening we are going to the villa and cooking up whatever is left in the fridge. The rest we get to take home.

2 comments:

Robbo said...

related to your iphone comment, have you been able to fix or workaround the microsoft update/blogger problem?

Deb and Jay said...

It actually just started working again. I sent emails and posted questions all over the place asking about the problem, so I don't know if one got through or someone just finally realized there was a problem.
Deb

Weather