Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jost for a day

Jost for a day

Jay has the weekend off so we ran over to Jost Van Dyke in the BVI for the day. We really love going over there. It just seems that the sky is bluer, the water is clearer and the sand is whiter. And it's always sunny. :-)

It was pretty busy which Saturday's usually are. Once some of the day boats left then it got nice and quiet. We always go to Gertrude's for lunch for her chicken roti. Best I've ever tasted and they're huge. Jay and I split one. Then down to Soggy Dollar for a Painkiller or Sunshine from Mic.

The only downside is all the paperwork you have to fill out for customs just to go over for the day. It's crazy. I wish they had some kind of annual pass. I would pay money for it if that's what the BVI gov wants. I just want to get around all the forms. The US customs makes it easy for us to check back in using our local boater option card. Why can't the BVI have something similar? Oh well, we're still going to go regardless so you just fill the forms out before you go and then forget about it :-)

Jost

Jost

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Times have changed. When I lived on JVD the BVI customs agent was usually AWOL (sometimes asleep on his feet at Foxy's Tamarind Bar) and I just cruised from Red Hook to the South Side homestead bypassing everyone in both directions. I was traveling between two countries without a passport.

Deb and Jay said...

That would be nice, but can't do that anymore. I think the BVI would be open to making it easier for US citizens to come over but they want the same for BVI residents to come over to USVI and Home Land Security won't allow that. So both sides suffer.

Weather