Friday, March 25, 2011

Still in NOLA


Still in NOLA, originally uploaded by captainjay.

Just wanted to check in and give you a little update. I'm still in New Orleans and having a great time. Today is our last day so I should be back in STT tomorrow evening. We were suppose to leave Thursday but when we got to the airport we heard about the fuel fire in Miami airport and they cancelled all flights to MIA. The wonderful customer service at American Airlines handed us a piece of paper with a 800 number, told us to exit the line and call the number to make the flight change. No one at the counter would help. The earliest they could get us out was Sat. So we scrambled and the office approved a two night stay at a hotel if my coworker and I would share a room, no problem. We were actually kind of excited about it because we really hadn't had a chance to see the area and play tourist since we were in training the whole time. So we're taking full advantage of this time to see and do as much as possible. It really helps that I have friends and family in the city so they've been feeding me info and coming to take us out on several occasions. I have lots of pics that I've been posting on FB. Havens posted much here since this is a blog about STT and Jay was suppose to keep the posts coming while I was away, which by the looks of things really hasn't happened lol. So maybe when I get back I'll do a little NOLA review post with a few more pics. Hopefully everything is back to normal at MIA tomorrow so that we can make it hope without any issues. :-)

1 comment:

Margo said...

You've been there a long time! Glad you have a little "spare" time to play tourist before you go home! :D

Weather