Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jouvert


Well the bands at Carnival Village quit around 2:30 in the morning, as we can hear them from the house. Then Jouvert started around 5:00 this morning, we are having breakfast and can hear them moving along the waterfront. It sounds like the soundtrack from a Gilligan's Island episode.


It looks like Deb is going to be in the Adult parade on Saturday with the UVI troupe. She was fitted yesterday for her turtle costume. The turtle costume is the one on the right in the picture. This year, the University of the Virgin Islands celebrates 46 years of creating a learning environment for marine biology. During Carnival, UVI's troupes will symbolize an aquatic escape, representing the coral reef.


I hate that I have to work but I am sure some pictures will show up from some place:).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First the bongo bongo guy's go missing now you to what am I to do if I had hair I'd rip it out.
Waterguy

Weather